Followers

Powered by Blogger.
  • Home
  • Selena Gomez Talks Parents' Divorce: 'I Blamed My Mom A Lot'

    n an E! Entertainment special that aired Wednesday night, teen queen Selena Gomez opened up about her parents' divorce.
    Gomez, who was 5-year-old when her parents split, blamed her mother for the divorce--something she deeply regrets.
    "I blamed my mom a lot [for the divorce] because I wanted a family so bad," Gomez said. "I wanted to have my mom and dad together. I remember just being angry with my mom. I still feel really bad about that."
    Her mother Mandy Teefey, who became pregnant at age 16, recounts her daughter's difficulty coping with the split. "[Selena] would vent and yell at me and all I could do is just say, 'I'm sorry--but you'll understand someday,'" she said.
    Today, Gomez defends single-parenthood and is grateful for her mother's many sacrifices.
    "Having me at sixteen had to have been a big responsibility. My mom gave up everything for me and had, like, three jobs. She supported me, sacrificed her life for me," she said.
    Share this article :

    Total Pageviews