Followers

Powered by Blogger.
  • Home
  • Ex-boxing promoter Maloney having sex change

    Former boxing promoter Frank Maloney is undergoing a sex change, according to a newspaper interview published Sunday.

    The 61-year-old Maloney, who guided Lennox Lewis to the world heavyweight title in the 1990s, is now living as a woman by the name of Kellie, Britain's Sunday Mirror reported.

    The twice-married Maloney ended an illustrious career last October and told the paper about undergoing hormone treatment for two years in preparation for a sex change operation.

    "I was born in the wrong body and I have always known I was a woman," Maloney was quoted as saying by the Mirror. "I can't keep living in the shadows. That is why I am doing what I am today. Living with the burden any longer would have killed me.

    "What was wrong at birth is now being medically corrected. I have a female brain. I knew I was different from the minute I could compare myself to other children. I wasn't in the right body. I was jealous of girls."

    Maloney said a boxing career helped bring in enough money to walk away from the sport and live a new life as a woman.

    "It was something that I was determined to suppress and keep wrapped up because I didn't want to be seen different," Maloney said.

    "(Boxing) took up all of my time. It gave me a complete focus. It was something I thought I had to be successful in because I thought if I failed in that, where do I go?"
    Share this article :

    Total Pageviews