Followers

Powered by Blogger.
  • Home
  • Katy Perry on her future ‘I’ll probably turn into more of a Joni Mitchell’

    Katy Perry has said that she will “turn into more of a Joni Mitchell” as her career progresses.

    The singer is set to release her new album ‘Prism’ on October 28 but, in an interview with Billboard, she claimed she was planning on swapping her trademark pop sound for a folkier direction in the future.

    “I love Madonna to death, but she’s never going to give me that damn baton,” she said. “I’ll probably turn into more of a Joni Mitchell. As I inch towards my 30s, I think my fourth record will be more of an acoustic guitar album. That’s where I started when I was first discovered by Glen Ballard and got my first record deal.”

    She added: ‘We’ll see ‘I can’t get ahead of myself. I’m still doing the work: I’m a good balance of left and right brain, and to be an artist with a long career, you’ve got to have both. One thing John [Mayer] said to me was, ‘It’s harder maintaining success than finding it.’ I’ve got a few records under my belt, and I still feel like a brand new artist. People still want that truth to cut through.”

    Perry is expected to debut new material from ‘Prism’ this evening, as she plays the closing night of this year’s iTunes Festival at London’s Roundhouse. Previously, she has unveiled the lead single from the LP, ‘Roar’, which spent a fortnight at Number One on the UK’s Official Singles Chart, and she recently previewed another track from the album called ‘Dark Horse’
    Share this article :

    Total Pageviews