Followers

Powered by Blogger.
  • Home
  • Carol Vorderman suffers broken nose after tumbling down stairs in high heels


    Loose Women presenter Carol Vorderman has been left battered and bruised after tumbling down the stairs in four-inch heels, breaking her nose against a wall.
    Loose Women presenter Carol Vorderman has been left battered and bruised after tumbling down the stairs in four-inch heels, breaking her nose against a wall.
    Presenter Carol Vorderman has been left battered and bruised after tumbling down the stairs in four-inch heels, breaking her nose against a wall Photo:

    Vorderman was leaving a business meeting at an office block in central London and decided to take the stairs instead of waiting for a lift, but lost her footing and ended up crashing face first into a brick wall.

    The former Countdown maths whiz has been forced to cancel TV appearances for the next few weeks after the fall that also left her with cuts to her forehead and left eyelid that needed stitches.

    Although she fell down only four steps, the impact made worse because her hands were in her pockets.

    The host of ITV’s Food Glorious Food was taken to hospital by her boyfriend, ex-Red Arrows stunt pilot Graham Duff, and she had an operation to reset her nose.

    Vorderman, 52, who has been ordered to rest after the accident on Thursday, said: “I feel like a complete idiot – I really do look like I’ve done eight rounds with Muhammad Ali.

    “Because I had my hands in my coat pockets while I was running, I had nothing to break my fall except my head.

    “The bruising round my eye has reached its peak. I will have a plaster on my nose for a week and hope that the swelling starts to go down.”

    The presenter, who is resting at her home in Bristol, said she had stitches in her forehead and left eyelid, but added that she was “just counting my blessings I didn’t damage my skull or the left eye itself”.

    “I’m feeling OK but I have had to cancel work for a few weeks – so no more Loose Women for a while,” she said.
    Share this article :

    Total Pageviews