Followers

Powered by Blogger.
  • Home
  • Jennifer Lawrence Forgot To Thank Director David O. Russell & Harvey Weinstein In Oscar Speech

    No one will fault Jennifer Lawrence for forgetting to thank a couple of people when she accepted her Academy Award for Best Actress on Sunday night -- but she missed a couple of big names.

    Lawrence was visibly flummoxed when she fell up the stairs as she went to accept her award, and though she thanked the Academy, her fellow nominees and the film's "producing team -- Bruce [Cohen], Donna [Gigliotti], Jon [Gordon]," as well as co-star Bradley Cooper and her entire cast, the 22-year-old forgot to mention "Silver Linings Playbook" director David O. Russell and the film's producer Harvey Weinstein.

    Though Lawrence already jetted off to Hawaii the day after the awards to shoot more scenes for "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire," she made sure to rectify her oversight by releasing a statement to Entertainment Weekly, thanking the two men who played a huge part in her success with the film:

        In the whirlwind of last night, I was remiss to thank two incredibly important people to this film and in my life.

        David O. Russell: Thank you for the most incredible experience of my life. Thank you for your genius, for your guidance, for teaching me things about myself and nurturing me to be a better actor. You have so much passion and such a bleeding heart, you believe not only in your films but what your films can do for people and that is the most important thing that I have learned from you.

        Harvey Weinstein: You championed this movie and its story from early days. Your passion and unyielding support gave this film the opportunity to thrive and touch so many people.

        Thank you to both. I will never be able to forgive myself for such a brain fart but I hope that you both can. Obviously it was not on purpose, I couldn’t remember what I had already said and my mind went completely blank–your brain does funny things during the most overwhelming moment of your life!
    Share this article :

    Total Pageviews