Followers

Powered by Blogger.
  • Home
  • Derrick Rose may sit out season

     Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose reiterated Wednesday night there is a chance he will sit out the entire season as he recovers from surgery to fix a torn ACL in his left knee.

    Rose said he isn't sure when he'll return to the floor.

    "I really don't know," he said. "I'm feeling good, but like I said, if it's where it's taking me a long time and I'm still not feeling right, I don't mind missing this year."

    More from ESPNChicago.com

    Derrick Rose's decision on when to return will be his own, despite the many people who will be in his ear, Jon Greenberg writes. Story

    • Friedell: Noah plans to play in ASG

    Rose said he would like to play this season but isn't sure if his body will heal in time.

    "I would love to," he said. "I would love to. That's why I approached my rehab and my workout so hard. I'm trying to get back on the court as quickly as possible, but if I have anything lingering on, it's no point."

    Rose's told USA Today Sports on Monday afternoon that he was still "far away" from returning and wouldn't come back until he was "110 percent." Rose did acknowledge late Wednesday night the decision to play is his and he would listen to his inner circle of trusted associates and Bulls' personnel.

    "(Agent) B.J. (Armstrong), of course. People from the organization, (Bulls GM) Gar (Forman), (Bulls VP of operations John Paxson), all them people. Trainers, just people that I will normally be around every day. But it's really on me to make that decision when I'm going to play again, so that's cool that they left it up to me."

        “

        Rose I would love to [return]. I would love to. That's why I approached my rehab and my workout so hard. I'm trying to get back on the court as quickly as possible, but if I have anything lingering on, it's no point.

    Rose, who injured his knee in the first game of the Eastern Conference playoffs on April 28 and had surgery on May 12, admitted he is still struggling with gaining his explosion back. The next step?

    "Being able to dunk," he said. "I can't dunk, man. I know if I can dunk off stride, I know I'll be out there playing, but I can't."

    Still, Rose's spirits appear high. He has accompanied the Bulls on the road since the first of the year and is enjoying being with his teammates.

    "Right now, I'm feeling pretty good, man," he said. "Where (I'm) slowly getting back in the mix. The other day we played the 3-on-3, one-on-one, and I felt good out there. I'm not trying to rush myself, just still trying to be patient and just trying to take my rehab very serious right now."

    Paxson said earlier Wednesday that Rose will participate in 5-on-5 practices after this weekend's All-Star break.

    Meanwhile, Rose admitted he's struggling to regain both his mental and physical confidence.
    Share this article :

    Total Pageviews