Followers

Powered by Blogger.
  • Home
  • Nicole Scherzinger breaks silence about battle with bulimia while with the Pussycat Dolls

     While the rest of the world fell in love with Nicole Scherzinger’s beauty and talent, the brown-eyed bombshell harbored a horrible secret — a decade-long battle with bulimia.

    The former Pussycat Doll is breaking her silence on her with in a revealing interview for VH1’s “Behind the Music,” airing Sunday.

    “I just hated myself, I really was just hated myself,” Scherzinge says in a clip of the interview that debuted on EW.com.

    During one particularly low point, Scherzinger locked herself in the bathroom after the Pussy Cat Dolls were given skimpy outfits to perform in.

    Scherzinger (C) with her Pussycat Dolls bandmates holding up their award for Best Dancing In A Video at the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards in 2008.

    “I got my outfit and my outfit was a bra and some underwear and some garters,” she says on Sunday’s episode of the music documentary series. “I was sweating in the back room. I can’t go out. I can’t do this.

    “I was not comfortable with my body.”

    Nicole Scherzinger was fired as a judge on  'The X Factor' earlier this year.

    Even as the group’s popularity was sky-rocketing, her fellow Dolls noticed warning signs. Scherzinger forced herself to vomit so much that the scars became noticeable on her knuckles from the stomach acid burns.

    “She didn’t see a perfect figure when she looked in the mirror, Scherzinger’s best friend, Katie Morris, tells “Behind the Music.” “She said she saw thick thighs and chubby knees and she wanted blonde hair and different lips and a different nose.”
    jump

    Though she says that she never dabbled in drugs, Scherzinger says “my bulimia was my addiction. Hurting myself was my addiction.”
    alg_dancing.jpg
    Larkey/ABC
    Nicole Scherzinger and partner Derek Hough strut their stuff on 'Dancing With the Stars.'

    Though she’s since overcome her disorder, Scherzinger waited for years to reveal her bout with bulimia because she was afraid of devastating her family.
    Share this article :

    Total Pageviews