Followers

Powered by Blogger.
  • Home
  • Speed Up Weight Loss by Eating Slow

    Very often you will see me write stories on our Health Channel that are technical in nature and often built around some study recently performed at a major research institution. Today, I would like to start something a little different. What I would like to do puts me in a very vulnerable position. I hope for some of you that this will be helpful and that I build my credibility with you not only as an author, but as a real person going through some of the same challenges that many of you face. You see, I struggle with being overweight and have for a while now. It has been a steady increase and is a result of many factors, but mostly inactivity and over eating are to blame. Why do I say all of this? I say this because I am in the trenches just like many of you and I want you to know you’re not alone. I also want to be able to share, from time to time, some of the things that have worked for me and some that haven’t. I’d like to call this segment “Just One More Bite” because that seems to be a very big problem for me. Maybe I could call it “I’ll Have Another”, hmmm…, but I digress. Before I go any further, I must add a disclaimer. I am not a doctor, so please consult your doctor before you take any advice that I, or any health publication for that matter, might give. There’s a lot of pseudoscience out there, so please be careful!

    I came across some good advice lately, that has really been a big help for me. When it comes to eating, slow and steady wins the race!
    Put the Fork Down

    I am sure some of you probably heard things like “chew your food 32 times”, or “don’t inhale your food” from your Mom at the dinner table. It turns out, there is quite a bit of wisdom in those words. Paul McKenna, author of I Can Make You Thin, introduced a concept to me in his book. Basically, he says to “eat consciously and enjoy every mouthful”. This is one of his 4 golden rules that he lays out in his book. The gist of this statement is that you put the fork down between every bite.
    Read more at http://techie-buzz.com/health/eating-slow-and-weigh-loss.html#HACvUYBupuwPv3b4.99
    Share this article :

    Total Pageviews