Followers

Powered by Blogger.
  • Home
  • When Jahan Kumar became Jahan Bloch

    Joginder Tuteja, Bollywood Trade News Network
    Jahan Bloch. Or is she Jahan Kumar?

    A lot is there in the name. Daughter of Mehul Kumar, the film makers who made many a 'masala' flicks during the 80s and the 90s, Jahan carries the surname Bloch. 'Now where did this one come from', one is tempted to ask?

    This is what the young girl has to say. "Our family's surname has always been Bloch. My dad is basically Mehul Bloch and that stems from the fact that my forefathers have been from Baluchistan, hence the surname. However, my father chose to be called as Mehul Kumar in Bollywood", says Jahan who is making her screen debut with KRANTIVEER - THE REVOLUTION, the sequel to Nana Patekar-Dimple Kapadia starrer KRANTIVEER.

    Why didn't she also opt for the surname Kumar?

    "Well, it would have looked a little funny to be called as Jahan Kumar", she smiles, "A Kumar is generally associated with guys. Also, I love the sound of Bloch and hence chose to be called as Jahan Bloch. Today, I have found my identity and I am proud to be known with this name."

    Talking about the film, Jahan reveals that her inclusion came during the scripting stage itself.

    "Dad was in the process of writing the script and as the role of this girl became quite powerful and challenging to enact, he asked me if I would be interested in playing it. Of course, I didn't have to think twice about it. I was game for it and soon found myself preparing for it. Now that the film is just a few weeks away from release, I can't wait to see how audience acceptance comes in", she signs off.
    Share this article :

    Total Pageviews